Lindsay Surowitz, Holistic Nutritionist of WeekNightBite
LINDSAY’S GUEST WORTHY RECIPE:
Entertaining guests for dinner? Why not change up your appetizer and make it an interactive experience with your friends! A Portobello “pizza” is the perfect healthy appetizer, and can be easily customized. Set up a bunch of topping options and let your guests get creative. Then, pop the pizza in the oven for 10–15 minutes, and your appetizer is ready to go!
5 Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 c Lucini USDA Organic Rustic Tomato Basil Sauce
1 c organic cheese of your choice (I like shredded mozzarella and buffalo mozzarella)
1/2 c cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 tsp dried oregano
2 Tbsp fresh basil, for garnish
Salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Drizzle cleaned mushrooms with olive oil on both sides of the cap and season with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Broil for three minutes on each side.
3. Remove from oven and add your desired amount of Lucini tomato sauce, cheese(s), cherry tomatoes, dried oregano, and any other toppings of your choosing.
4. Bake for an additional 10–15 minutes or until cheese is melted and begins to turn golden.
5. Garnish with fresh torn basil, and add salt, pepper, or red pepper flakes to taste.