Gallery by Michael Heller

Lulu’s Roof

At roughly 9:25 PM on April 10, the Sag Harbor Fire Department was called to 126 Main Street for a report of a roof fire above the Lulu Restaurant. Arriving units determined that there was a grease fire in the ductwork above the range hood of the restaurant that had extended up into the roof of the building. Mutual aid was immediately called in for East Hampton’s tower ladder and RIT team, and for Bridgehampton FD to stand by at its firehouse.

On Saturday night, volunteers deployed to another local eatery. A chimney fire broke out at World Pie on Main Street in Bridgehampton and was quickly extinguished. The restaurant was able to open the next night.