The Town of Southampton has planned a series of virtual public forums so town officials can gather community input as they prepare a new housing plan.
Each forum will focus on a specific hamlet or a group of closely knit hamlets. They will begin with North Sea on Tuesday, July 21 and continue on Tuesdays and Thursdays through August. All forums will start at 7 p.m.
“The Housing Plan will guide the Town in its future development of affordable housing,” said Diana Weir, the director of housing and community services. “Community input is the most important part of this process and we encourage everyone to participate.”
The plan will be adopted by the town board as an updated element of the Comprehensive Plan. The town’s planning consultants, VHB from White Plains, will conduct the virtual forums.
The schedule for the forums are as follows:
• North Sea – Tuesday, July 21
• Noyac – Thursday, July 23
• Southampton, Shinnecock Hills and Tuckahoe – Wednesday, July 29
• Water Mill – Thursday, July 30
• Westhampton, Speonk, Remsenburg, Eastport and Quiogue – Tuesday, August 4
• Bridgehampton – Thursday, August 6
• East Quogue – Tuesday, August 11
• Flanders, Riverside and Northampton – Thursday, August 13
• Hampton Bays – Tuesday, August 18
Access information is available on the town’s website.